The Eagle River Summer Hockey School is known for providing an intense and disciplined training environment. This is the most dedicated and disciplined hockey instruction team anywhere. The tone of the training environment is set by an organized and disciplined staff.
Each program’s instruction team is made up of a Lead Instructor, senior instructors, and junior instructors. Instructors are mostly active players that compete at various levels from AAA to NCAA to professional. Prior to becoming instructors they are trained and must meet exceptional leadership and teaching standards to continue as an instructor.
We generally have 7-8 instructors on ice to maintain a student instructor ratio of around 6:1.
Jason has a BA in Geology from the Colgate University.
Jason has a MS in Petroleum Geology from Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
· Matt is a master at demonstrating skating drills. His near perfect stride is a great example for students.
· Eigth year instructing at Eagle River Hockey School
· Matt had been a student at the Eagle River Hockey School for 11 years.
· North Iowa Bulls Junior A (NAH3L) 2012-2014
· Won Junior A Tier III National Championship 2013
· Team Wisconsin Senior Team 2012
· Northland Pines High School 2008-2012
· WHCA All-State 1stTeam 2012
· Northland Pines Captain and MVP 2012
· First Team All Conference 2012
· All State Honorable Mention 2011
· All Conference Honorable Mention 2011
· Graduate of Northland Pines High School 2012
· National Honor Society
· Currently pursuing a degree in Exercise Science at UM-Duluth
The other instructors are active players currently playing at the college, junior, or high school level. These players are very proficient at demonstrating the skills being taught. There is generally 7 or 8 instructors on ice and we strive to keep student instructor ratio around 6:1.
In the past two years the instructors have also included:
The off ice staff for Eagle River Summer Hockey School has been the same for the past 20 years. Jack and Glen were instrumental in the restructuring of the program in 1998 which has evolved into the program we have today. Both were parents of talented, avid, youth hockey players and were striving to find the best way to help their skaters develop. After several years of traveling all over North America searching for the right hockey school they found it and brought it back to Eagle River.