Age Levels & General Info
- Learn To Play (LTP): This program introduces children aged 3-8 to skating and hockey fundamentals in a fun and engaging manner. Participants have two weekly on-ice sessions and no activities are scheduled during holiday weekends. The focus is on building age-appropriate skills and enjoying small-area games.
- 6U Program/8U Program: Information coming soon.
- 10U (Squirt): Aimed at skaters aged 9-10 who have completed the 8U Program. Weekly activities include three practices at ERRA and weekend games, with travel sometimes necessary. The season begins in October and concludes in March, featuring a home tournament in February and an away tournament with dates to be determined.
- 12U (Pee Wee): Skaters aged 11-12 who have successfully completed the 10U program are eligible for this level. Tryouts determine team placement (A, or B), and the schedule includes three weekly practices at ERRA and weekend games, often requiring travel. The focus is on skill refinement, team strategies, and small-area games. The season runs from October to March, with a home tournament and an away tournament (dates and location TBD).
- 12U Girls (Peewee): A new addition for the 2023-2024 season, a girls 12U team provides exciting opportunities for female athletes.
- 14U (Bantam): Open to skaters aged 13-14 who have completed the U12 program, this level encompasses a season from October to March. Skaters engage in weekly practices, games, and an introduction to checking within the game concept. The focus is on preparing participants for the high school level of play. The home tournament is yet to be determined.
- 14U Girls (Bantam): A new inclusion for the 2023-2024 season, a girls 14U team offers further avenues for female athletes to excel.
The season commences at the start of October and continues until the WAHA State Tournaments in March.
For divisions featuring multiple teams, tryouts or team splits will be conducted to allocate skaters to their respective teams. These evaluations occur following the initial practices in October. Dates for these events will be communicated shortly after practice begins and will be scheduled during regular practice sessions.
All practices and home games will to take place at the ERRA facility, utilizing both The Dome and The Cube rinks.
- Learn to Play (LTP): One practice session per week.
- Mite: Two practice sessions per week.
- Squirt, Peewee, and Bantam: Up to three practice sessions per week.
- Games are predominantly scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Teams usually participate in 25 to 35 games throughout the season.
Specifics for Each Division:
- Learn to Play (LTP): Exclusively in-house games.
- Mites: In-house matches and typically one jamboree event per month.
- Squirts, Peewee & Bantams: Games are scheduled on most weekends, starting from November onwards.
JERSEYS + SOCKS
Jersey and Socks Information:
- Players in the Mites division and above are provided with both home and away jerseys. There's also an opportunity to buy your own jersey if preferred.
- Socks are not included and must be bought separately. Once purchased, they belong to you for future use.
Team managers will be gathering funds for raffle baskets intended for home tournaments.
Our association takes pride in being a fully volunteer-run organization, a key factor that enables us to maintain affordable registration fees. Every member and skater level is required to fulfill mandatory volunteer hours, which can be completed within the timeframe of September 1st to August 31st each year.
Volunteer Hour Requirements:
- Learn to Play (LTP): 10 hours
- Mites: 30 hours
- Squirts, Pee Wees & Bantams: 50 hours
There is an option to purchase volunteer hours at the rate of $25 per hour.